IPS Membership Categories & Criteria
|Life Ordinary Member (LOM)||Registered Medical practitioners under Schedule I or II or part II of Schedule III of Indian Medical Council Act (1956), or who have any other recognized medical qualification which is considered equivalent to the above by the Council of the Indian Psychiatric Society, who are actively engaged in the pursuit of the aims and objects of the Society shall be eligible for Life Ordinary Membership.|
|Life Associate Member (LAM)||Person in allied fields of Psychological, Medical Science, Social, Educational, Legal & interested in Aims & Objectives of the Indian Psychiatry Society is eligible to become Life Associate Member.|
|Life Fellow (LF)||After 5 years of obtaining the “First Qualification in Psychiatry” i.e. DPM, MD Psych, DNB Psych, MRC Psych or FRC Psych, one can enroll/upgrade as Life Fellow.|
|LOM to LF||Members who have joined the association as LOM, can upgrade to LF after 5 years of obtaining the “First Qualification in Psychiatry”.|
IPS Membership Subscription Fees
|Life Ordinary Member (LOM)||INR 11,000/-|
|Life Associate Member (LAM)||INR 11,000/-|
|Life Fellow (LF)||INR 17,000/-|
|LOM to LF||INR 6,000/-|
|Corporate Member (Annual – January to December)||INR 51,000/-|
Name: INDIAN PSYCHIATRIC SOCIETY
Bank: INDIAN BANK
Branch: SECTOR 55 GURGAON (2254) SCO NO 97, HUDA MARKET
Account Number: 6558880269
IFSC Code: IDIB000S209
Mode of Transfer
Demand Draft / Cheque / NEFT/Online
In favor of “INDIAN PSYCHIATRIC SOCIETY”, payable at GURGAON.
Note: Please write your Name & Mobile Number on the reverse of the Cheque/DD
Enclosures & Uploads
- Please attach TWO recent passport sized photos with white background, or upload a copy online.
- Attested Photo copy of MBBS Degree and MCI Registration Certificate.
- Attested Photo copy of Post Graduate Psychiatric.
- Qualification Degree and Reg. Certificate.
- Attested Photo copy of Birth Date Certificate.
- If there is change in the name, then kindly attach attested photo copy of Gazette Certificate / Affidavit.
Compulsory Send or Upload: NEFT / RTGS / Online Transfer / Cheque/ DD / Payment Proof along with copy of Membership Application Form & Documents.
Note: Attestation must be by either Gazette Officer or Proposer or Seconder.
Online Membership Application
If the IPS application form is complete and have been proposed and seconded by IPS fellows, and if all the attachments are in order, kindly proceed to the online application submission.
- The application portal is accessible only after logging-in. Kindly register online to the website and login to proceed.
- Majority of the form will be auto filled based on the information provided in you profile. Kindly update your profile before proceeding.
- Applicants will require to upload a scanned copy of the completed and attested form in the application portal. Kindly scan your documents first.
- Soft-copy pdfs of the documets described in the previous section and passport size photographs will also need to be uploaded. Kindly keep them ready.