Membership Refund/Cancellation Policy:
The Indian Psychiatric Society (IPS) reserves the right to refuse/cancel a membership in the IPS. If IPS refuses a new or renewing membership, registrants will be offered a refund.
Membership Cancellation by Participant
- Each payment for membership contains a non-refundable ₹500/- administration fee.
- New Membership cancellations received within 30 days of registration are eligible to receive a full refund less the ₹500/- administration fee.
- Membership renewals do not qualify for refund.
- Cancellations received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellation requests will only be accepted via postal, or e-mail communication directed to the Hon. Office of the Treasurer, IPS.
- All benefits and incentives received by participant as consequent to membership to the society must be cancelled/returned to the IPS.
- All refund requests must be made by the applicant for the membership.
- Refund requests must include the name of the applicant, date of application, proof of payment and the reason for seeking refund.
- Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment.
- For bank transactions, the refund amount will be returned to the bank account used for transfer.
These above policies apply to all IPS memberships unless otherwise noted in the corresponding materials. Please read all individual program information thoroughly.
Late or missing refunds:
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at the Office of the Hon. Treasurer, IPS. You can mail us at [email protected] or at [email protected]
To return your product, you should mail your product to: Indian Psychiatric Society Headquarters,
Plot 43, Sector 55, Gurugram, Haryana,
India, Pin: 122003, Phone: 0124-4006150
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary. If you are shipping an item over INR 5000/-, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We do not guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Return of items purchased:
In case of purchase of items from the IPS website (books, guidelines, stationery etc.) our return policy lasts for 30 days from the day of purchase. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it and in the original packaging.
Additional non-returnable items can include: gift cards, downloadable software products, health and personal care items or others when available in the website. Non-returnable items will be marked with their return condition when such items are availabe on IPS website.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase. Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer. Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error or any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery will not be eligible for refund.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Sale items & Gifts:
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you. If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he will find out about your return.
Refund Policy – Indian Psychiatric Society – V1.01
Date: 26th February, 2022